Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day Two...


of D's Terrible Torture Experiment. Just kidding...it's really not that bad. Honestly, it's not. Here are two reasons why:


1. I don't have to be done with chores or hobbies by a certain time so I can watch my favorite shows. It's a bit freeing, if you will. Not over-the-top nudist colony freeing (hey there's something I'll never try!), but I feel somewhat liberated, nonetheless.


2. I'm actually getting more restful sleep! I've rarely had a problem falling or staying asleep (unless I'm sick), but without falling asleep to the tv, I'm finding that I feel much more rested in the mornings.


Last night, I ended up avoiding grocery shopping, but I did run errands. And then I came back, did some stuff around the house and practiced guitar for the first time since, oh, maybe when my husband bought me the thing years ago! I learned five songs (nothing you've ever heard, trust me) and after 20 minutes, my fingers hurt. They hurt badly...so badly, in fact, I thought they were bleeding. So, apparently I have wussy fingers that I'll need to toughen up if I want to be the crazy guitar-weilding granny. (Yeah that's right, that came out of nowhere. I decided yesterday, I want to be able to teach my grandkids guitar someday, assuming I even end up having grandkids, or kids for that matter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment