Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day Three Without my Beloved

Day Three.

I kept myself pretty busy again last night. I also started a chore system, so that I don't leave everything to the weekends. Let me tell you...it's been a while since I felt so on top of things around the house and with our finances. It's a good feeling.

I have a feeling that Friday-Sunday are going to be pretty boring for that reason. Luckily, Saturday morning, I'll have to work (Luckily? Wait, who am I?), so that will make me go to bed early and take up part of the day.

The book I've been reading this week (in my newly-found spare time) is Fast Food Nation. So far, it's okay, but not exactly enthralling. The author gets into extreme detail about mundane facts about the history of fast food chains, etc. I've heard the book is rather eye-opening about what that food actually is that we eat at fast food restaurants and I'd consider that interesting, which is why I picked it up in the first place. When I finish the book, I'll let you know, but right now, I'm only about a third of the way through it.

In the meantime, here are some other habits I'm working on in the new year for a fresh start. We'll see how many stick, but so far so good!
  • As mentioned above, do more housework during the week, to make weekends more free.
  • Get into a night-time routine, so I'm not rushing around so much in the mornings.
  • Drink 3-4 (16.9 oz) bottles of water daily.
  • Learn more about the food industry and work on my addiction to fast food & junk food.
  • Move more (I lost motivation for physical fitness since the wedding!).

I *think* that's all. But, really, it's a lot to change!

No comments:

Post a Comment