Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Rejected...

So here it is! My new blog!

I decided to jump in and try this...we'll see how long it lasts.

Before I start any official business, I want to explain the name & content of the blog. I really put a lot of thought into this before starting this new adventure. "What will I write about?" "What will it be called?" I worried about these questions and wanted to make it relevant so it didn't end up being some 30 year old girl having diarrhea of the mouth. No one wants to see that.

I thought about doing a blog about fitness, but let's face it: I failed at that one before. I thought about trying to blog my kitchen hits & misses, but then I realized they're mostly "misses" these days. I thought about just making it a diary, but decided I didn't want to overshare on a daily basis. SO, I decided I wanted to write a blog about my life and about just life in general. Life includes my fitness attempts, my kitchen failures, and my innermost secrets (well, we'll see about that).

My rejected titles:

1. "Striving for imperfection": I don't care if my life isn't perfect, but let's not rule it out.
2. Variations of my current title, such as "The Journey" (deemed too important-sounding), "The Path" (a little religious?), "The Trek" (that sounds treacherous!), & "The Ride" (which sounds like I'm a third party to my life).
3. "This Girl's Blog": I decided it sounded entirely too boring. Why would anyone bother?

I decided on "The Drive," because life isn't about the destination, it's about how you get there, the drive. It's usually bumpy and I'm bound to make some wrong turns along the way, but it can be oh-so-fun if you let it. So, ride along if you want, but I'm driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment